Window graphics may be some of the easiest to create and manage signs you can use for your store. They’re less permanent, so they can be changed with the season or even themes of the store. They let pedestrians and other passers-by know about the store and its special promotions, but don’t have the permanence or cost of a regular sign.
When it comes to making sure your storefront really pops, SIGNARAMA Downtown can help you get beyond the ho-hum, and turn your windows into Oh Wow! Here are five ways to make your window graphics really pop.
- Layer the window graphics front to back so both layers interplay together. This can give a type of 3D effect.
- Cut openings into the window graphics to lend visual interest to the graphic and what is in the store. Those on the outside will be tempted to peek inside the store to see what’s in there.
- SIGNARAMA can also print a full-color image to frosted film to get a unique screened effect; the end result is a semi-opaque film with a soft glow and luminous effect. We’re seeing this more in indoor office settings.
- Use translucent films to give a stained glass effect with images, but in a playful way — underwater scenes, glowing during nighttime outside/lighted inside, and so forth. This type of printing is great for creating ambiance within your business, as opposed to a strict marketing grab. For a mural effect, a restaurant or store could use the film on a window facing south or west to be backlit by the sun. This can create a unique and exciting interior lighting effect that is natural.
- Privacy is also another reason to use window graphics. Window graphics can be used in areas where you do not want to block the view completely, but you want people to have a sense of separation from the outside — an office, an exclusive restaurant, or even a waiting room. You can run the entire gamut of graphics – images, shapes, words, or a pattern.
If you need more information about window graphics for your storefront, talk to your SIGNARAMA store owner. He or she will help you determine your goals and what you hope to accomplish. Any kind of office or commercial space can take advantage of window graphics; they’re not just for retail spaces.